Saturday 18 October 2008

Mad as cheese and as busy as can be!

12 Days of Christmas

I have asked to draw the outline images of the 12 days of Christmas, and it is something I have always wanted to do as the images are so fun.... I have 78 pictures to do in total as she would like them individually drawn.

I have drawn the partridge in a pear tree...


















The 2 turtle doves are done too......















3 French hens are busy laying......















and 2 of the 4 calling birds are singing their little heads off.....















70 more to go and I am afraid I will probably show you them all!

sorry, I am a very sad muppet!

Granny squares
Well I think they qualify as granny squares, I have learnt to read crochet patterns and I am feeling very chuffed with myself...... this is the second making of this square as when I got the end last time I hadn't counted enough stitches in the middle and it left me with a strange end result that looked as naff as it was.... I still have a couple of bits that I went wrong on but I think for my second attempt it isn't too bad.





Jewellery making

I made 3 necklaces Thursday night, I am getting better at the fiddly bits and after purchasing some Gold plated clasps and findings that have tarnished I am sticking to Stirling silver only.
















Beaded Crochet gift bags

I pre-threaded some thin crochet yarn and made up a pattern for some little bags with a double crochet frill around the top. When ever you want a bead, you pull it up the thread and place it in the stitch and bobs your uncle fanny's your aunt...... I could probably get a less random effect if I planned it and counted stitches but I haven't gotten that far yet.

The canvas, table top easel, acrylics and brushes are poised to get started with April's painting but I think I would be a pushing my luck if I took over the rest of the kitchen with a painting project at the moment......
I think I have been bottling up all my artistic needs for so long that as soon as I took the lid of and let my fingers free and gave my mind permission to have creative thoughts again I just can't stop it ...... and to be honest I don't want to....

Thank you for reading my insane ramblings and feel free to leave me a comment...

tara for now

Alex xx

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my lord ... how many pictures ? Looking good so far !
x

karen said...

wow you have been a busy bee. I'm so jealous that you can crochet and your picture's a awesome.
well done you.
Is jamie any better today?

Pink Feather Paradise said...

Jamie is still wandering around like an old lady, she is on the road to recovery though, I think it was as much the shock of it as the damaged she did to herself... if she can't manage to stand on a skate ramp I am definitely not getting her a skate board!
thanks for asking though....

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

fantastic pictures you are a talented lady ! and well done at the crochet i am still thinking about teaching myself !
Lesley x

Joanne said...

you put me to shame Alex, your such a busy bee.

Petticoat Lane said...

Busy isn't the word!! How have you found enough hours in the day?
Your drawings are brilliant and well done with the crochet.
Jane. x

Bizz said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog x x

If you had a closer look at my cut out then I am sure you saw, in more detail, the wobbly bits! *Blush* (the pics do seem to come up Mahoosive!)

I am absolutely loving your 12 days of Christmas pics!

it does answer the question as to why you have enough craft to be getting on with, without trying anything new for now!!

I however, may dabble with the beaded crochet ;) yours look fabulous!

x x