Tuesday 23 September 2008

Sleeping Dragon

The last time I went to Glastonbury Festival (2004) I found myself getting a craving to be artistic, after a hectic day helping the children in the green field make amazing arts and crafts projects with the Resource Service and Scrapstore I felt inspired by my surroundings. I found a dry spot and sat and sketched my sleeping dragon on a scrap piece of card from the art tent.
As an art student in Yeovil I never felt the urge to go to Glastonbury but when I was working at the Scrapstore the opportunity arose to go and I eventually agreed, I am glad that I was talked into it as it was an experience not to be missed.
The music, the atmosphere and the people are fantastic and one day I hope to go again as a helper in the children's green field.

No comments: