Friday 25 June 2010

A wooing we shall go.....

I have booked tickets for Mr P and I to go to Stourhead picnic and firework display on Wednesday 24th July... its only £10 each and you take your picnic and rug and enjoy an evening in the gardens from 7:30pm till the firework display at 10pm and the temples around the garden are illuminated.....


I have not been to the scaled down version of the gardens open in the evening.. the last time I went was the bi-annual Fete Champetre event where they put on many entertainments and events and it was packed with revellers in fancy dress as each event had a theme.... I think after the last event in 1998 when it rained and rained and the gardens were badly trashed it was opted to go for a more low key simple event....


I have bought a new hamper for my picnic and I am awaiting delivery of a new battery lantern and we have now invited a couple of friends to join us at this romantic venue...

The children will not be coming ...this is a night for Mr P and I to spend some time being a couple, reminding ourselves of the people we were pre family lol

So excited about it, even if it rains I will love every minute...

big hugs
Alex
x


10 comments:

Jackie said...

Hope you have a fabby night! The gardens look gorgeous too. I can't remember the last time I went out with my husband as a couple ~ there are always a couple of small people tagging along. It is sometimes nice just to remind ourselves what life was like pre children. Although it seems like a lifetime ago now!! Enjoy your weekend :O) xx

A Bun Can Dance said...

Oh Alex
How lovely indeed! I've often fancied going to that event, but haven't as yet. It will be perfect no matter what the weather, as you say. Nothing beats a picnic, eh?
Have a great time!
D x

Unknown said...

Oh lucky you, it will do you the world of good, and no children too! Good egg. Have a wonderfully fun filled time! I will be looking forward to your next installment! Suzie xxx

Taz said...

That sounds wonderful Alex, I hope you have a fabby time and get lots of snuggles under the fireworks ;)

Twiggy said...

Sounds heavenly. Have fun.
twiggy x

Sarah said...

That sounds absolutely great and what a wonderful place to go too! Couple evening just don't happen enough do they? We haven't been out together in over 18 months!
x

karen said...

Hi Alex
Just popped over to catch up with you.
It all look's very pretty I'm sure you'll have a lovely evening. It's very very rare that we go anywhere without river ( The downside of living away from your family I suppose lol). Hope you have a wonderfull time I know it's well deserved.

Hope your all well
karen

The sewing room said...

That is something l have always wanted to do,lucky you enjoy yourselves these are memories to be treasured.

Hugs Pat

WinnibriggsHouse said...

Hi Alex
Thank you for the comment on my blog about the get together. Completely understand you not being able to make it. What a journey that would be. you should get in touch with Jane at Marigold Jam as she lives in your county. You could have your own little get together!
Anyway your firework display and picnic sound lovely something to really look forward to. Hope the sun keeps shining for it1
Jenny x

Marigold Jam said...

Just come across to find you following your comment on mine. I hadn't realised there was to be a picnic at Stourhead - might be interesting. We use our NT tickets quite a bit in this area as there are so many NT properties around although sad to say Forde Abbey isn't one of them but well worth a visit none the less.

Wonder where in Yeovil you live we might be neighbours?!

Jane