Monday 7 June 2010

Where does the time go....?


I have to start crossing chores and jobs off my list as time is running away from me
Last night in bed I told Mr P that I had so much stuff to do that I didn't know where to start...

he suggested that I start at the beginning... which is usually a good suggestion but I don't know where the beginning is anymore... I told him...

So he suggested I start with the most important thing...

my unspoken reply was

most important to whom!?

you see I have things that I need to get done for lots of other people.. not just myself or my family and those things rely on deadlines too...

Life is at times way to complicated..

I told my mum that I thought I wouldn't be able to do her friends garden anymore as its a big commitment and I don't even have time to tend to my own garden...
I received the "oh" reply tinged with disappointment...
when I could really have done with a "oh well never mind, I am sure she can find someone else"

I think I spend way too much time trying ot keep everyone else happy...
and I fear I am going to upset a few people when I tell them I cannot do it anymore..

True friends will accept and those that suck the life out of me will not be missed.. ;D

Well the half term holiday flew by but the weekend did start earlier for a change though...

Mr P finished work early on Friday and was home by 1pm...
and when I commented on "what shall we had for tea...?" he replied fish and chips... and I thought "oh no I don't want that..." then he finished his sentence with ... " at West Bay!"

well a trip to the seaside for fish and chips cannot and should not be missed so I rallied the kids and at 6pm when everyone else was coming home we headed out! lol

Saturday was spent scraping paint off and Sunday was spent putting fresh back on and I am happy to say that all painting is now complete ... the kitchen is once again covered in dust and there is stuff everywhere... which is driving me insane... but its just another job to add to the list.. ;D

Daniel and Jamie had fun in the new sandpit Sunday afternoon...

I think this was probably more Jamie than Daniel... but Daniel enjoyed playing "battle" and destroying it all with bombs...

and we downed tools at 4pm for tea and cakes with Mr P's mum and dad, they usually call in on a Sunday afternoon...

Then it was a mad dash to feed, water and bathe the children and us... and get the kids off to bed and for Mr P and I to chill out before bed... which ended up being midnight... I currently detest going to bed... I think its my futile attempt to make tomorrow not happen! lol

However I definitely suggest that you do something, like going out on a Friday evening... it makes it a much better weekend.. it takes the pressure off the weekend being something special as you have already had a trip out... plus come Saturday I felt sure it was Sunday and I still had a day left... lovely!

well I had better go and get ready to drop Daniel at Pre-school...

Happy Monday to you all and once I get back from Pre-school I have to sign write 2 Summer Fete advertising boards for the school that I have no children at.. hopefully the rain will hold off till lunchtime!
fingers crossed...

Take care
Alex
x

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean about trying to please everyone, and it just can't work can it, it's impossible! I hate going to bed too, and I am getting later and later before I go! You made me howl with laughtrer at you comment on my last post! Dancing naked in the moonlight and sacrificing chickens! Ha ha! So funny! Thank you for bringing me to tears, I did enjoy reading it! Suzie xxxx

Sarah said...

There's nothing like seizing the moment - something we all probably don't do enough! Glad you felt better and at least the painting's done!
x

menopausalmusing said...

Alex, I was going to say something along similar lines to what Sarah has already said. Sometimes those last minute excursions can be golden........... Thanks for the comment re enamelware. Lucky you to have so much :O)))))))))))

Joanne said...

Hi Alex, Yeah I'm back BT Home Hub all set up.
Sounds like you had a great weekend about time something went right for you at the weekend.
As for keeping everyone else happy you know what I think about that your always thinking of everyone else and not yourself.
It really is time for you to do the things on your list that will benefit you and stop saying yes to everyone else the word you need is NO!!!.
Might see you for a cuppa one day in the week or perhaps you might want to get away from it all and come over one night.
Take care x

lisa ridgeon said...

Fish and chips by the sea! Lovely! I haven't done that for a very long time as i live too far inland.

X X

Taz said...

What Joanne said! ;)
If you keep giving to everyone else, you'll drain yourself and there will be nothing left. Trust me I know.
It's bloody hard saying no to people but do you know what? They survive and forget about it far quicker than all the time we spend worrying about it.
Wish I could whisk you away for an afternoon of chore avoidance ;) Yes I'm a bad influence.

claire said...

Saying no without apologising is such a hard thing to do the first time...
But believe me it does get easier folk soon get over the shock, and won't love you any less.
fish and chips by the sea sounds so great. I live almost in the middle of the UK so no quick trips to the coast for me :O(

Unknown said...

You do need to learn to say no to things, and not feel bad about it. At the end of the day, there are only so many things one person can do....and you need to do the things for you and your family first, and leave everything else that you don't have time for, for other people. Hmmm, yes, I know, it's easier said than done.

Fish and chips by the sea sounds yummy. What a lovely Mr P you have!

The sandpit looks like great fun. Kids want one too, but P said no because all the sand could damage his bike. :o( Actually the kids want everything, but P keeps saying no (they also want a trampoline amongst other things.....lol!).

xx