Monday 11 October 2010

Lovely day....

 Front garden bird feeder.....

Up at 6am and it felt surprisingly good...
I have always been a bit of a night owl but I can see the benefit and merit of getting up early and going to bed a bit earlier...

well its 8am and I would normally be herding the children into the car picking up bags, asking all the usual questions... do you need the loo..? have you got your coat... lunch money.... PE kit..... homework...?

This morning there was a lovely sunrise (typical! lol) and Jamie, Daniel and I waited for the bus and once the driver decided that Jamie was really only 12 (can anyone suggest a type of proof of age that bus drivers will accept?) I paid £16 for a weekly ticket.... and warned her not to loose it!

So off she went, looking pretty pleased with herself and she should be back about quarter to five tonight... I am really quite excited as it will mean I can actually get tea and they can eat at a reasonable hour and perhaps get to bed at a better time... 
last night they were up late... its quite funny to listen to a 4 year old and a 12 year old talking to their dad at the back door about the stars and the planets... it was a beautiful clear night last night...

well I had better get going ... its 10 past 8 and I have a packed lunch to make... school dinners today was not suitable for Daniel... he wouldn't have eaten any of the selection today... but he'll have cooked for the rest of the week.... 

Thanks for all your kind words and support and whhhoooooo hoooooo I am not driving the 44 mile school run today... all I have to do is 12 miles with Daniel... yay!

big hugs to you all...

Alex
x

Update:
I have been to town and bought a new waterproof fleece, walking boots and some walking socks...
unfortunately I parked in a silly car park near a bead shop and I bought beads... but hey these things happen and I am sure I will deal with my addiction for sparkly shiny things one day... 
is their a "magpie's anonymous"? 
My name is Alex.... and I ... sob sob sniff... buy shiny sparkly things... hangs head in shame!
and even more good news....
I won Rachel's giveaway... its not the euro millions but it has made me just as happy... I love her work and the little coaster will have pride of place next to my chair... Thank you Rachel... me thinks with this sort of luck I should buy a lottery ticket this week! lol
if you should feel a slight tremor it isn't an earthquake its just ME doing a happy dance in her new walking boots! ;D
and I don't have to drive anywhere at all for the rest of the day!

Hooooooo-RAY!

hugs and stuff
Alex
x

10 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Enjoy your day and use the time you will save to just relax!

Jane

Clare said...

The joy and relief can certainly be heard in your writing! Glad you are having a good day!
Take Care
C
xx

Anonymous said...

Agree with Clarabelle... you sound so much more relaxed and happy today. Enjoy it, treat yourself, do something JUST for you.

lisa ridgeon said...

Ah, happy days ahead. Jamie will be fine on the bus and gain some independance. The only thing i can think of for ID is perhaps a colour photocopy of her passport, or a phonecall to the bus company to explain that your daughter is tall for her age and you can't be doing with an argument about her age every time she buys a bus ticket.

X X

menopausalmusing said...

Catching up with you and loving that previous post. Sounds like the bus will help relieve stress all round. :O))))

Rachel said...

Here's something else to cheer you up even more - you won my giveaway! Your prize will be on it's way soon!
Rachel x

A Bun Can Dance said...

Oh, so happy you are happy today! Here's wishing you happy times in your extra hours !
D x

Unknown said...

I am glad to hear you sound a happy bunny! I am a night owl too, but yet love the early mornings, I am just greedy and want the lot! Ha ha! Congratulations on winning the giveaway too! Susie xxxx

The sewing room said...

So glad you had a nice day and i hope Jamie does too.so is it now your turn to smell the roses or will you still be running ragged, i hope not you realy deserve some me time.

Hugs Pat

Rose H (UK) said...

Sooo pleased that you are feeling better! It comes across really really well :o)
Sending my very best wishes
Rose H