Thursday 4 June 2009

the Downside of being me!

I have been waiting for "the bad day" to turn up
you know when everything is going far too well and Carma throws a bit of rubbish into your life to balance it out,
well today is that day

admittedly there are a lot of people out there with much bigger traumas in their lives

and trying to keep everything in kilter is sometimes not an easy thing to do

My personality is that of a wobbly child trying to learn to ride a bike...

you know you start off gingerly pushing the peddles around and popping your foot on the ground every now and again
and then you gain in a bit of confidence and you go a bit faster and you keep getting faster and faster until you realise you don't know where the brakes are and you smash into the edge of the pavement and fly through the air...

landing in a heap you pick yourself up and push your wreck of a bike home...

That is me!

I love to help people and be nice to people and I think I pick up speed being nice to people and being there for people and then I go to far... get involved where I shouldn't and say that thing that you shouldn't have said and you hit that curb!

I am at the picking my bike up stage and pushing it home.....

I don't think its a complete wreck, but then I am an eternal optimist!

I think I will have to start off slow again....
and try to learn from yet another blunder to keep my mouth shut and think before I type in a comments section...

I think I will have a coffee and a bagel and play with my little lad

take care everyone
Alex
x




16 comments:

menopausalmusing said...

Nah! just carry on being you.... x

Jo said...

don't worry about comments, if you're really worried then just go back and delete them , I do,loads of times! then if they don't read or comment back on your blog again then the're not worth worrying about are they?
Josie x

pinkfairygran said...

I know that riding the bike thing, only when I was a child the one and only time I rode a bike and didn't know how to stop, I just grabbed hold of a washing post (large communal gardens of flats we lived in) and went round and round, down and down. This sort of happens in real life, blunder in, realise mistake, foot in mouth syndrome kicked in again, and I sort of shrivel into a small heap and try to be invisible. I was always, always getting in way too deep, would reveal too much of myself, too soon, take on the troubles of everyone who offloaded onto me, was always there, but not any more. Nearing bus pass age (next year) and I decided some time ago that enough was enough... I was drained, getting nothing back, time to stop and be ME for ME.

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

whats the matter hun hope your ok? feel free to email me and in the meantime just enjoy playing with your little boy and dont worry about anything else :-)
Lx

Unknown said...

Aww, hugs to my lovely bloggy pal.

What have you done?

People love and respect others for being theirselves and not some 'falsey falsey' person all 'oh my life is wonderful and I think only what others expect me to think'....remember that, my love.

Now excuse me, I must get back to eating (plain) chocolate...midwife's orders, of course!

XX

Raspberry Cupcake said...

(((hugs))) Alex, I hope you are ok. What's up?

BTW, my rabbit IS real lol! She wears a harness/lead when she is free range in the garden so that if she plays up at bedtime and wont go home then I dont have to chase her round the garden! I agree, her friend does look a bit plastic :-)

Mrs Jelly said...

Best thing to do is get right back in the saddle.
"You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs" - that's what life is like.

The sewing room said...

Shut the door on the world and play with your little boy ,you sound great to me and l know you are a lovely person so who ever is upsetting you they are not worth it love look after your own.

Jenn said...

Don't stop being you!!!! We all love you as you are!! And as someone else said...you can always delete a comment on a blog ;)
Lots of hugs to you!!!!

Snippety Gibbet said...

I feel for you my friend. Life sure doesn't feel very fair when you're in the middle of one of those times. My condolences, friend.

Anonymous said...

Oh Alex, hope your feeling better soon pet. xxxx

Beki said...

Cheer up hunni, you couldn't of said anything that bad and we all do and say things that we regret at some point.
Anyway I have a bone to pick with you 'hehe', I hadn't thought about christmas decorations for the house, now it's all I can think about lol!
Have a great weekend
Love and ((hugs))
Beki xxx

A Bun Can Dance said...

Dear Alex
Sorry to hear about your falling out of the saddle. The important thing is that you stay true to yourself, being authentic is all that matters. And if, sometimes, other people are shocked by it, then so be it. We're only human after all. Don't give yourself a hard time - go make a list of all your good points - there are plenty!
Happy weekend!
Denise x
PS: I am visiting the seaside this weekend, so I'll be keeping my eyes open for ideas for the swap! Exciting!

Sarah said...

Hi Alex
Just catching up on all the blogs! Hope all is OK now? Like all the others have said, there's nothing wrong with who you are and how you do things. Get right back up, brush yourself down and head held high!
x

JuliaB said...

Hi Alex
Just catching up here .. hmm.. i'm sure it's not as bad as you think .. x

Taz said...

I've no great words of wisdom but I do have (((((((((((huge hugs especially for you))))))))))