Monday 26 September 2011

A little bit of this ....

....and a little bit of that....
I've been busy doing some DIY, household bits and bobs, a crochet demonstration (which went real well!) and trying to get the garden, chickens and home ready for the onset of winter.... on the crochet front I've been having lots of fun...

My floppy dog eventually got some arms and his ears, body and tail were teazed out with a small wire pet brush till they were nice and fluffy...


I bought a new book... but I do find that crocheted toys are much sturdier and firmer than a knitted toy...


this was a very large flannel that I added a border too... its made with cotton dishcloth yarn...


the border was from my new border book...


and this creation was a quick "make it up" as you go along idea for a wash mitt, I have so many odds and ends of yarn that I really must use them up and as our bathroom is practically finished... I'll need a new flannel!



this was our bathroom at the end of July.... its been a huge project in a tiny room... dirty, dusty and at times soul destroying.... however the thought of having a bathroom that would look clean and tidy after you've cleared it with enough storage to actually not have to have the gubbings of 2 adults, a teenage girl and a 5 year old boy was soooo appealing...


and voila....


I am so pleased with the end result, last nights shower was such a pleasure... and all I have left to do is some painting .... Im such a happy girl right now!


This guy has found his voice... :( however ... he's not too noisy and only crows a few times in the morning and perhaps in the afternoon... however ... I am waiting to see if he will induce complaints from the neighbours... he's also found his purpose in life and he's targeting one of the older girls to hone his skills... if you get my drift... however ... she's not overly impressed with being the focus of his affections..

I have such a long list of things that I aught to be doing and a whole heap of things I'd rather be doing... lol ... so many creative ideas bouncing around in my head smothering the thoughts of the mundane and tedious chores that I know I should be accomplishing... sigh!

Les's Dad is unwell and currently in a ward at the local village hospital to convalesce ... he had been yo yo ing his way between home and the hospital in Dorchester however he was not getting any better and fluid was building up around his lungs as well as his heart... so thats another worry constantly preying on your mind... Les's is taking his mum to visit tonight...

A 2 bed bungalow has come up for sale in the village where we live... it would be perfect if Les's parents could move there, however we don't have the funds to put down a deposit although we'd be willing to take on the second mortgage... they currently rent a housing association property in Dorset so theres no home to sell to enable them to move closer...

its one of those tricky situations that needs sorting out... but needs the collaboration of family members... and to be honest is best left to Les and his sisters...

well I had better go... Jamie has gone for a hair cut and is having some high lights or low lights... lol ... who knows what shes having done.... needless to say i'll probably have to go and pay the extra... lol

take care
Alex
x

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: